Many ladies do not know their boyfriends keep secrets. Secrets that can’t be shared with them no matter what. Because some are very embarrassing and others, might not sound too nice in the ears of ladies.
Does that make guys liars? I don’t think so. I bet ladies have plenty of secrets of their own. And that’s probably okay, so long as it’s nothing major. Take these, for instance—they’re the little things you’ll probably never hear come out of your boyfriend’s mouth:
1. Guys occasionally check out other women. Oh come on—don’t act surprised. I’m sure you don’t have blinders on. Even married women drool at the site of David Beckham’s tattooed torso. Can we all just accept the fact that there’s still something in our brains that lights up when we see a healthy specimen of the opposite sex? It’s innate, totally out of our hands, and more importantly, it doesn’t matter. Our attention span for another woman’s plunging neckline or short skirt is as short as Beckham’s briefs. We’re still far more interested in you.
2. Guys still watch porn. Not often, but they do. And we want this to be cool with you. In fact, we’d be pretty happy to watch porn with you. (But we’ll probably wait for you to bring that one up.)
3. Guys love it when you have girl’s night. Don’t fall for the puppy dog routine. Oh no! You’re leaving me alone? Well okay, guess I’ll just read a book or something. The truth is, guys love the occasional night alone—we get to act like sloppy bachelors again, if only for a night. So while you’re out, we’re playing video games, watching action movies, listening to old bands from high school. Plus, absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? A little away time is never a bad thing.
4. Guys are happy when you bring up the important topics. We may seem to clam up when you bring up kids, marriage, or little dogs that fit in purses. But the truth is, we respect it when you initiate a big conversation. Talk is important, and we know it, but we find it all too easy to procrastinate on the milestone discussions. So when you bring it up—especially if you do it casually, and with a genuine interest about how we feel—you reassure us that you’re the right girl for us. And as long as we’re being honest here, that purse-dog will always make us uncomfortable.
5. Guys like compliments. Proper men know that when a woman looks great, he tells her. When she just blew his mind in bed, he says so. And even though we don’t let on, we love to get those compliments, too. From the woman we love, a little reassurance every so often is clutch. And the more outrageous and unbelievable, the better. Something like, “You’re the most handsome man on the planet” or “Your penis is so perfect, it should be preserved in bronze for future anthropologists to study” will always make us smile.
6. Guys were nervous the first time they had sex with you. Sure, we were playing it cool. But deep down, we were telling ourselves, “This girl is awesome—don’t climax too early, don’t wait too long, don’t make any weird noises, don’t make that dumb O face…”
7. Sometimes Guys are just not in the mood. Yeah, believe it. Guys aren’t always horny. Sometimes, we’re bloated, tired, or stressed. But most of us will still go through the motions if you’re in the mood. So if his performance is occasionally off, this might be to blame.