Applications are open for the Ashinaga Africa Initiative 2022. The Ashinaga Africa Initiative (AAI) is an international leadership program that cultivates the next generation of leaders to contribute to the development of sub-Saharan Africa.
The Ashinaga Africa Initiative began in 2014. Its mission is to contribute to sub-Saharan Africa’s expanding role in global development through increasing access to higher education abroad. They support orphaned students who are committed to returning home and initiating change, by providing access to full financial support to study at a university abroad (equivalent to an undergraduate degree).
About Ashinaga Africa Initiative
The Ashinaga Africa Initiative began in 2014. Its mission is to contribute to Sub-Saharan Africa’s expanding role in global development through increasing access to higher education abroad. We support orphaned students who are committed to returning home and initiating change, by providing access to full financial support to study at a university abroad (equivalent to an undergraduate degree).
Aim and Benefits of Ashinaga Africa Initiative Scholarship Program
The AAI provides access to full financial support to study at university abroad (equivalent to an undergraduate degree), including tuition, room, travel costs and other necessary fees.
Requirements for AAI Scholarship Program Qualification
- Have lost one or both parents.?
- Have completed secondary school and received the results of their national secondary school examination (technical and vocational degrees not accepted) within the last two years (any date after August 2, 2019 including all of 2020?and 2021) or will have completed secondary school and received final exam results before February 28, 2022.?
- Be born after September 1, 1999.??
- Not have the means to attend university abroad without external financial support.?
- Be proficient in English, French or Portuguese
- Be regularly ranked in the top 10% of their class during their last 2 or 3 years of secondary school.?
- Be able to participate in the two Ashinaga preparatory programs, over the course of one year, before attending university.
- Be committed to return home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university.
- Have no dependents who could interfere with academic progress.
- Have a good enough health condition to be able to study abroad.
Interview date, Process and Venue for AAI Scholarship Program
Applications for all countries will be assessed after the application deadline, and successful applicants will be invited to a final assessment. During this assessment, Ashinaga conducts individual interviews and sets an examination to better understand students’ academic abilities and career goals in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Students must bring all original academic documents and identification documents to the interview. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the application process.
Documents Required for Application
- Photo or scan of at least one of the following documents; Passport, National ID Card or Birth Certificate
- Photo or scan of your most recent Secondary School Term Report/Transcript
- Photo or scan of your final Secondary School Examination Results Certificate (if applicable)**
For students receiving their examination results in February 2022, we will ask you to send your examination certificate as soon as possible after you have received it.
Note: All documents must be submitted in French or English if possible. Use the Gregorian (Western) calendar to fill in the application
January 28, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Ashinga Africa Initiative on ashinaga.smapply.net to apply
For more details,visit Ashinaga Africa Initiative website