Graduate students from developing countries are invited to apply for the 2022/2023 DAAD scholarship in Development-Related Postgraduate Course (EPOS) to study in Germany. As the M.Sc. WASTE is now a part of the EPOS-DAAD Program, there will be two different application procedures and periods from now on. Hence, we highly recommend to check all online application guidelines again
The EPOS programme offers individual scholarships to participants from developing countries so that they may study development-related postgraduate courses at selected universities in Germany. To apply for the DAAD-EPOS MSc WASTE Scholarship in Germany 2022/2023, read the application procedures carefully.
About German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
DAAD scholarship in Germany is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art) . The DAAD itself does not offer programs of study or courses, but awards competitive, merit-based grants for use toward study and/or research in Germany at any of the accredited German institutions of higher education.
DAAD/EPOS Masters Scholarship Courses
- Waste management
Requirements for DAAD/EPOS Masters Scholarship Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree (or an equivalent degree) in Chemical, Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Process Engineering, or in a related field.
- To apply for the EPOS-DAAD Scholarship, please consider the following additional requirements: Minimum of two years of professional experience after Bachelor Studies (Internships during Bachelor studies are not accepted)
- German language knowledge “Basic User (A2)” under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).: Please note: Those who do not have sufficient or certified knowledge of the German language have to attend the German Intensive Language Course in September (Free of charge).
As English is the official language of the M.Sc. WASTE, one of the following test scores is required:
- TOEFL (CB): 213
- TOEFL (PB): 550
- TOEFL (iBT): 79
- Please note: TOEFL ITP is not accepted for the application
b. OR IELTS (Academic): 6.5
c. OR a certificate of an equivalent English test not older than two years on the day of the application deadline.
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE): C
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): B
Keep in mind that the EPOS-DAAD Program offers a chance for outstanding international professionals (List of eligible countries) to finance their studies in Germany.
Checkout: How to Become a Rhodes Scholar in 2021
Interview date, Process and Venue for DAAD/EPOS Masters Scholarship
- Personal interview with the M.Sc. WASTE Office
- If you are pre-selected for the EPOS-DAAD program, you must hold an interview with the M.Sc. WASTE Office. In that case, you will be contacted to arrange the appointment.
- Only if Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage 3 are fulfilled, the application is completed successfully.
Applications will be processed by the Admissions Committee only after this date. You will be informed via [email protected] whether you were admitted to the M.Sc. WASTE Program or not. On the other hand, you will be notified directly from DAAD whether you will be awarded a scholarship or not. Please do not expect a decision upon your admission to the M.Sc. WASTE Program before the end of April, 2022.
Documents Required for Application
To process your application, all required documents must be submitted as described below under the Step 1 and Step 2:
- Higher education entrancequalification
- Bachelor’s /Master’s Degree Certificate
- Transcript of Records
- Cumulative Grade Point Average
- Grading System
- Curriculum Vitae: Please upload your signed CV on the [email protected] platform. Only signed CVs will be considered. Europass-CV template must be used. Only pdf files are accepted!
- Motivation Letter(Mandatory)
- Certificates of Additional Degrees and Transcripts of Records
- Academic Letter(s) of Recommendation (Optional)
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer (Mandatory)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Proof of German Language Proficiency
:Postal submission of selected application documents to the M.Sc. WASTE Office
- Short Application Form: Please print the short application form and submit it along with the other documents. The short application form must be submitted as original. Please keep in mind to sign the document!
- Transcript of Records: Provide an officially translated (English or German) and certified copy (officially authenticated) of your final transcript of records as soon as possible. If this is not available at the time of application, please provide a translated and certified copy of the most recent one. Provide the final transcript of records as soon as possible.
September 30, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? CLICK HERE to apply
- How to register on the [email protected] portal.
- How to enter your data, upload your documents, and complete your application for the M.Sc. WASTE program.
For the postal submission, please use the following address:
M.Sc. WASTE Office
Institut für Feuerungs- und Kraftwerkstechnik
You must NOT submit the required application documents by post before completing Stage 1, as you will be asked to fill up your applicant and application numbers in the M.Sc. WASTE Short Application Form. Both numbers could only be obtained on the [email protected] portal.
For more details, click here