- 9 April 2021
The British Council has launched a scholarship programme for women with a background in STEM, who can demonstrate their need for financial support and who wish to inspire future generations of women to pursue careers in STEM.
In partnership with the British Council, Teesside University is delighted to be offering nine fully funded scholarships to women from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, beginning a master’s programme in one of the following subjects:
The objective of these scholarships is to address the gender gap in STEM fields by offering promising female students the opportunity to complete a fully funded master’s degree in a STEM field in the UK.
- Be a woman.
- Be a passport holder and permanent resident of either Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan or Sri Lanka.
- Have applied to Teesside University to study a postgraduate programme in one of the following programme areas;MSc Electrical Power and Energy Systems
MSc Environmental Managementbefore the application to British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM can be considered.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at Teesside University by the time you submit your application and are to start your postgraduate programme in 2021.
- Have not previously studied at degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK.
- Meet the English language requirement of the course you have applied for (or is expected to meet the requirement after an English Language pre-sessional course).
- Demonstrate a case for financial support need via a means-test conducted by the UK university partner.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after the scholarship award has ended.
The scholarships, worth £35,000 each, will cover full tuition fees, monthly stipends, a return economy class ticket and other study-related costs such as IELTS exam fee, visa application and NHS surcharge.
To submit an application please complete the online application form.