The Harrison Middleton University (HMU) in the USA is inviting applications for its fellowship in ideas for those who have an interest in the humanities and great ideas of western civilization in 2022.
The HMU Fellowship in Ideas is a writing and discussion project in the humanities designed for a recent university graduate from any field who has an interest in the humanities, interdisciplinary dialogue, and intellectual and professional enrichment. The Fellowship offers emerging scholars exposure to the history of ideas in Western civilization, networking opportunities amongst an array of academicians, lifelong learners, readers, and thinkers from a broad range of disciplines, and credited authorship in two university publications. Except for conference attendance, all activities of the HMU Fellowship in Ideas may be carried out from any location with adequate telephone and internet access.
About Harrison Middleton University
Harrison Middleton University is a great ideas, great works, great conversations, distance-learning university that offers graduate education in the humanities with concentrations in imaginative literature, natural science, philosophy and religion, and social science. Harrison Middleton University promotes student-faculty scholarship through research, discussion, and the development of collaborative publications.
Aim and Benefits of HMU Fellowship in Ideas Program
The successful applicant to the HMU Fellowship in Ideas will enjoy the following benefits:
- A $500 stipend.
- The opportunity to participate in virtual Socratic discussions with university faculty and Fellows.
- Online publication in the HMU Blog and HMU: Dialogues.
- At the conclusion of the Fellowship term, a complimentary set of three Great Books Foundation publications.
Requirements for HMU Fellowship in Ideas Program Qualification
The successful applicant must:
- Have received a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree (in any field).
- Have an interest in the humanities and the great ideas of Western civilization.
- Have outstanding reading, writing, and communication abilities.
- Commit to writing two blog entries for the HMU Blog and one book review for HMU: Dialogues.
Documents Required for Application
- A completed application form.
- A biographical statement of no more than 500 words that addresses your background as a student, your interest in the humanities, and your interest in the HMU Fellowship in Ideas.
- An appropriately cited expository essay of no more than 1500 words plus a works cited page, applying your interest to a great idea in the humanities related to one of these concentrations: imaginative literature, natural science, philosophy and religion, and social science.
October 15, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Harrison Middleton University on static1.squarespace.com to apply
- Submit your application and writing samples as attached Microsoft Word-compatible documents to [email protected].
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to participate in an interview by Zoom. The successful applicant will be notified by Harrison Middleton University on or before December 1, 2021.
For more details,visit HMU website