Twice in the year, Korean government invites 125 undergraduate/700 graduate international students from 156 countries, for degree(Undergraduate, Master’s & Doctoral) and non-degree research programs in Korea through the Korean Government Scholarship.
The Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) is offered to international students who want to pursue Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees in Korean Universities. The scholarship is aimed to provide international students with an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea, to develop global leaders and strengthen Korea-friendly networks worldwide.
Korean government invites 125 international students from 67 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Korea. To be selected as a GKS grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the Korean Embassy of his or her country of origin.
Aim and Benefits of Korean Government Undergraduate Scholarships
- Medical Insurance
- Settlement Allowance
- Completion Grants
Requirements for Korea Government Undergraduate Scholarships Qualification
- Citizenship: Candidates and their parents must hold non-Korean citizenship.
- Age: KGSP-U: under 25
- Health: Candidates must be physically and mentally healthy for their studies in Korea.
- Degree Requirements: KGSP-U: High school diploma
- Grades: The cumulative grade point average (CGPA) must be 80% or higher; or, The CGPA must be 2.64/ 4.0, 2.80/ 4.3, 2.91/ 4.5, or 3.23/ 5.0 or higher.
- Number of Scholarships: KGSP Undergraduate: around 170 grantees will be awarded annually.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Korea Government Undergraduate Scholarships
1st Selection: Applicants submit their applications either to the Korean Embassies around the world or to the partering universities in Korea. The embassies and universities select the successful candidates among the applicants in the 1st round of selection. The applicants of the successful candidates will then be forwarded to NIIED
2nd Selection: The NIIED selection committee selects the successful candidates among those who passed the 1st round.
3rd Selection: Among the successful candidates who have passed the 2nd round, the applications of those who applied through the Korean Embassies will be reviewed by universities for admission. Successful candidates must get admission from at least one of the universities.
- 1 year Korean language course +2 year Associate degree
- 1 year Korean language course + 4 year Bachelors degree
How to Apply
Applicants can apply for the Korean Government Scholarship through the Korean Embassy in their home country or a participating Korean University.
For more details,visit GKS website