Oxford University Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022 are now open for online applications for all international students.
Oxford University Scholarships 2021
The Skoll Scholarship at Oxford University is a competitive scholarship for incoming MBA students who pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges. The Skoll Scholarship provides funding and exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and investors.
The Scholarships at Oxford University provides funding for entrepreneurs who have set up or have been working in entrepreneurial initiatives with a social purpose or who have pursued an impact career, and who wish to improve their knowledge of market-oriented practices so they can be more effective in their subsequent social change pursuits.
The Scholarships at Oxford University is given in recognition that the MBA may represent a significant financial burden, particularly for those who have chosen to work in the social innovation space rather than the purely commercial or public sectors.
Benefits of Oxford University Scholarships
Skoll Scholarship at Oxford University is offering the following benefits to the recipients.
- The Skoll Scholarship is intended to cover the Oxford Said MBA course and college fees, which in 2019-20 will be £57,200.
- The Scholarship also covers Additional funds of at least £14,777 are provided as a contribution towards living expenses.
- The Scholarship provides access to the Skoll Scholar community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and systems change.
- Exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and investors.
Oxford University Scholarship Eligibility
#1 Entrepreneurial action
- You have identified opportunities and taken action in order to make a positive social impact
- You have spent preferably at least 3 years driving change through entrepreneurial approaches. For example, you could have:
- Started or grown a social venture
- OR led the expansion of a social impact initiative within an organization
- OR been tackling a specific social/environmental issue, through a core thread that unites your work
#2 Personal qualities of a social entrepreneur
- You are a force for positive change
- You are single-minded and persistent, with a willingness to fail and start again
- You have a tendency to explore your environment for opportunities and resources
- You have a willingness to take personal, and sometimes financial, risks
#3 Creating impact with a focus on systems change
- You can demonstrate the outcomes and impact of your entrepreneurial action
- Your impact addresses unjust systems and practice in your area of work
#4 Financial aid need
- You are in a position where the cost of the program is a significant financial burden
- You can demonstrate the need for the Scholarship (for example, due to previous work experiences or personal circumstances)
#5 The Oxford scholarship is critical to your career trajectory
- You can demonstrate why business education is essential in helping to develop your work/impact at this stage
How to apply for a Skoll Scholarship at Oxford University?
Follow these steps to apply for the Skoll Scholarship:
- Connect with oxford university scholarships team to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
- Apply for the engineering, medicine, arts or MBA programme directly to Said Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1,2, or 3 of the MBA admissions process for the 2021-22 academic year.
- Upload your answers to the oxford university scholarship essay questions as part of your MBA application, and submit your MBA application! You’ll find the Scholarship essay questions under the “Funding” section of the MBA application. We would advise that you allow yourself about one week time to answer the Skoll Scholarship essay questions.
- The MBA Admissions Team will then assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Said Business School and determine if you are accepted into the MBA program or not.
- If you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted into the MBA program, keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the second part of the Scholarship application, which is an online application.
- Complete the oxford university scholarships short online application. This consists of a series of short questions about you, how you heard about the Scholarship, your references, etc.
- That’s it! The oxford university scholarships Centre will then consider your candidacy for the Scholarship and advise you accordingly.
- If your written applications are successful, you’ll be invited to join a Skype interview with the Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee.
- If you are successful after your Skype interview, you will be invited to interview in person in Oxford. (Please see below for the steps and timelines of each interview stage, and please be aware you may be invited to further interviews if necessary.)
Deadline for Oxford University Scholarship
You can search and apply for Oxford University scholarships throughout the year as most of the scholarship funding in oxford universities do not expire.