The PEO International Peace Scholarship Fund is a programme of Women helping women reach for the stars. The PEO International fund will provide scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada.
The Sisterhood proudly makes a difference in women’s lives with six philanthropies that include ownership of an all-women’s college, Cottey College, and five projects that provide higher educational assistance:
|Cottey College||Nationally ranked, fully accredited, independent, liberal arts and sciences college for women located in Nevada, Missouri, has been owned/supported by P.E.O. since 1927 and offers baccalaureate and associate degrees in a variety of majors.||Admission based on academic performance, ACT/SAT scores, extracurricular activities, academic recommendations and potential for academic success||Various forms of funding available|
|Educational Loan Fund (ELF)||Low-interest revolving loan to qualified women to assist them in securing a higher education||
|International Peace Scholarship (IPS)||Scholarship for international female students to pursue
graduate study in the U.S. or Canada
|Program for Continuing Education (PCE)||Need-based grant for women whose education has been interrupted and who find it necessary to return to school to complete a degree or certification that will improve their marketable skills for employment to support themselves and/or their families||
|Scholar Awards (PSA)||Substantial merit-based award for women of the U.S. and Canada who are pursuing a doctoral-level degree at an accredited college or university||
||$20,000 (USD) Effective with 2021 Scholars|
|STAR||Scholarships for exceptional high school graduating women to attend an accredited postsecondary educational institution in the U.S. or Canada in the next academic year||U.S. or Canadian citizen or legal permanent resident recommended by a local P.E.O. chapter||$2,500 (USD)|
- Application closes: 15th December, 2020
- March 1, 2021: Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants already enrolled in the graduate program and school for which their scholarship is intended.
- April 1, 2021: Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants not yet enrolled in the graduate program or school for which the scholarship is intended. Last day to submit completed application materials for applicants who will be attending Cottey College
Offered Annually: Yes
About the Award: Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding. The scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses.
Eligibility and Criteria
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the united States or canada.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible.
- Scholarships are not given for research, internships, or practical training, unless it is combined with coursework. Awards are not to be used to pay past debts.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- international students attending cottey college are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
- The scholarship is based upon demonstrated financial need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to confirm additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Additional resources may include personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
- Awards are announced in May. The amount of the PEO International scholarship will be divided into two payments to be distributed in August and December
How to Apply: Click here for the Online Eligibility Form.