Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative 2021 calls the young leaders from Ethiopia, Rwanda, India, Pakistan, and the United States of America. The global initiative invests in the youth who is poising leadership skills and is part of a significant sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice movement. Rise Up ensures that the young leaders are from the age group of 18-29. Young Champions initiative program helps the young visionaries to improve their lives by learning advanced skills and by utilizing the innovations and new methods to educate people about sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice.
Although, everybody knows that education and awareness about sexual and reproductive health is a basic necessity towards a peaceful and healthy life, yet, the issue is so under-rated. That’s why the Rise Up youth program invests a lot in this regard. It provides advanced models to the participating youth and brings a change in them through leadership development, use of technology, innovation, and by providing them advocacy. The most prominent feature of this youth initiative 2021 allows youth as well as their organizations that are part of the sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice (SRHRJ) movement.
Rise Up with the collaboration of Packard Foundation has launched this youth champions initiative globally. Due to changing world nature after COVID-19, the learning will remain online or virtual. However, the participating youth or the organizations will have to initiate the projects in their communities during the incubation period. A fully-funded Youth Champions Initiative 2021 will include 22 young leaders from India, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Pakistan, and the United States. Rise Up has a set competitive grant of 12,000 USD if the participating youth or their organizations want to initiate a project related to SRHRJ.
A cohort of 22 young leaders after the completion of the Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative Program in 2021 is expected to work in their countries for the cause. The fully-funded opportunity for skilled and passionate youth covers all the costs and related to the program including the material and internet cost. The commitment of the Rise Up youth program is shown from its precious initiatives to bring awareness regarding the SRHRJ. Recently, the young leaders used all the advanced methods like using Whatsapp, animated television series, creating comic books, and art, dance, and poetry in order to strengthen the global movement in their respective countries.
Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative 2021:
- Rise Up
Rise Up Youth Initiative Duration:
- Weekly 2 hours between October to December 2021.
Eligible Countries for the Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative 2021:
- The United States
Benefits of the Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative 2021:
- All costs relative to this program will be covered.
- Internet costs will be paid by the organization.
- The cost of the materials which are used during the program will be covered.
- The competitive grant of 12,000 USD will be given in case a project is initiated by the youth champions.
Eligibility Criteria of the Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative 2021:
- The youth champions must be above 18 years of age and below 30 years of age at the time of submission of application.
- The applicants must be residents of eligible countries.
- The applicant must be able to understand and communicate in the English language.
- In order to get the grant, the organization must be legally registered in the country and must be able to receive international funds.
- Indian organizations can receive grants only if they are registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA).
- Only the people who are currently residing in the list of given countries can apply, regardless of their citizenship or legal status.
How to apply for the Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative 2021?
- The application will be processed online.
- Applicants have to fill the application form by giving correct personal details.
- All the questions that are being asked in the application form must be properly and understanding answered.
- If the applicant does not have a supervisor, the question still must be answered, and do not leave it blank. The applicant can list someone who works with the applicant. For example, if someone is a Director of an organization, then the executive director or any board member may be listed.
- The application deadline for the Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative 2021 is July 15, 2021.