Ron Cascone was a voice of wisdom and wit at NexantECA and a tireless champion of the innovative technology behind greening the chemicals industry. Called by Biofuels Digest “the Sage of Hastings-on-Hudson,” over his 53-year career, over 30 years of which were with Chemsystems, Nexant and NexantECA, Ron’s big personality and keen expertise had an outsize presence in our lives. When we lost Ron in March of 2021, he left behind a legacy not only of his many contributions to the field of chemical engineering, bio-renewable technology and green chemistry, but also legions of grateful colleagues who benefited from his generosity, his mentorship and his enthusiasm.
The NexantECA Ron Cascone Memorial Scholarship is NexantECA’s way of honoring our departed colleague and continuing his passion for making the world a better place using engineering and chemistry. We want to empower the next generation of leaders and experts in bio-renewables to pay forward Ron’s life’s work – and that’s where you come in.
The NexantECA Ron Cascone Memorial Scholarship is more than just a monetary award. We want to be on hand to give you the opportunity for the same mentorship and expert commentary Ron gave us all. We want to help you experience what it’s like to be truly at the frontiers of our industry, to have insight into the complex systems that undergird the greening of the chemical industry, and to spar with world-renowned experts that Ron helped us become.
A scholarship for rising seniors in chemistry, chemical engineering, and materials science who are interested in making an impact on the world through industry. Not just a monetary award but a chance to interact directly with the consultants at NexantECA, a world class engineering consultancy with a focus on the chemicals, fuels, and bio-renewables businesses.
- Full-time students in a 4-year undergraduate program
- US citizens or permanent residents
- Rising seniors studying chemistry, chemical engineering, or materials science
- Attending an institute of higher education in one of the 5 boroughs of New York City, Rockland County, Suffolk County, and Westchester County
- Monetary award of up to $5000
- Mentorship opportunities at NexantECA in White Plains, NY
Check Also Cameron Impact Scholarship 2021 | APPLY NOW
Ron Cascone Memorial Scholarship Application
- Provide a resume and current transcript
- Write an essay of up to 1000 words on the following topic: Ron Cascone devoted his life to helping the energy and chemicals industries become more environmentally friendly and sustainable. What projects or issues in green chemistry are you passionate about? How will you use your studies to follow Ron Cascone’s example?
- Submit your resume, transcript and essay to Sch[email protected]
The Ron Cascone Memorial Scholarship awards 3 students per year up to $5000 towards their tuition, as well as offers opportunities for mentorship and real-life experience from one of the top industry consultancies in the world. Awards are made once per year on July 31st.
The closing date for this year’s application is July 1st 2021.