Surfshark’s privacy & security scholarship
Write the best essay & win awesome prizes
- $2,000 cash prize for the best essay
- Five 12-month subscriptions of Surfshark VPN
Let’s raise awareness together
It’s crucial to understand online security and exercise your fundamental right to privacy.
Online security & privacy should be a key concern to anyone who uses the internet to study. Sadly, educational establishments often fail to keep up with the development of modern technology. Worse still, a lot of them install surveillance systems and keep track of everything students do online.
There’s a lot at stake – and it’s something we should discuss.
How to enter?
You can win the Surfshark Digital Security and Privacy scholarship by expressing your opinion about this topic:
Are privacy and security the same thing?
Make sure that it’s your own, unique voice and clearly discuss the topic. The goal here is to spark debates.
Your essay should be between 700 – 900 words. Submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2019 11 01.
How will I benefit?
You stand a chance of winning $2,000 – or a year’s access to the internet’s best VPN service.
Your submission will be featured on a series of high-profile websites and communication platforms. It’s an outstanding way to showcase your work!
On top of that, it would be an impressive addition to the résumé of anyone looking to work in journalism, computer science, law, or a host of other industries.
The winner of the 2019 Surfshark Scholarship will receive a $2,000 cash prize.
Surfshark will also select five runners-up who will win a 12-month subscription to our award-winning VPN service.
How will the winners be chosen?
We have created an expert panel who will read each submission we receive. The winning essay will be the one we feel meets an exceptional standard in each of the following areas:
- The student’s ability to form and communicate an opinion
Remember, the subject is highly-contentious – and as such, there’s no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ answer. The winning essay will be one which inspires discussion – and drives the debate forward.
Scholarship contest rules
- Your submission must be written in English.
2. Essays must be sent by email only and must be addressed to: email@example.com.
3. Only one submission is allowed per student. Multiple entries will be disregarded.
4. Your submission must be submitted by 2019 11 01 no later than 11:59pm BST.
5. Employees of Surfshark and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
6. All submitted entries become the property of Surfshark.
7. The decision of Surfshark relating to any dispute arising from the scholarship will be deemed final.
- To apply, you must be currently enrolled in high school, undergraduate school, or a graduate school (or your country’s equivalent) in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, a European Union country, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa.
9. As long as you meet the above criteria, your age or citizenship status will not impact your ability to enter.
- The winner will be announced by the end of 2019 11 15.
11. The main prize will be awarded by direct wire transfer. As such, the winner will be required to provide their bank details to facilitate this transfer.
12. The prize is listed in and paid in United States Dollars (USD).
13. The winner must submit a form of valid ID and proof of their enrolment in the appropriate educational facility.
14. As the contest winner, you agree to allow Surfshark to publish or print your essay, along with your name.
15. Any local, federal, or state taxes relating to the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.