UCL- GREAT Scholarships for a Sustainable Future are funded by British Council and UCL. The aim is to widen access to climate change courses and create a cohort of spokespeople for positive change.
Value: £10,000 (one year full-time only)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Academic excellence and financial need
Eligible fee status: Overseas (citizens of Egypt and Vietnam)
Eligible programmes: Postgraduate taught (see details below)
Deadline:5pm, Thursday 21 April 2021
Candidates must be citizens of Egypt or Vietnam.
Hold an offer to study a full-time Master’s degree at UCL in 2021/22 (specific courses listed below)
Value, benefits, and duration
- There are 2 scholarships available in 2021/22
- The value of the scholarship is £10,000
- One scholarship is for a citizen of Egypt holding an offer on any Masters programme within The UCL Bartlett School of Environment Energy & Resources (BSEER)
- One scholarship is for a citizen of Vietnam holding an offer on any Masters programme in UCL Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction or on the MSc Environment and Sustainable Development – UCL Bartlett Development Planning Unit
- The scholarship will be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees
- The scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Award recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL – GREAT scholarship.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence and financial need.
How to apply
You need to hold an offer of a place at UCL in order to apply for the scholarship, so you are advised to apply for an eligible degree at UCL in good time for the Admissions Office and the relevant academic department to process and respond to your application.
Instructions for accessing the online scholarship application form:
- Login to Portico with your normal details.
- Click on the ‘View’ button for the ‘Active Application’ that you wish to apply for funding for.
- In the application screen, click on the ‘Funding’ in the menu at the top of the page.
- You are now on the funding page. To find out which funds you are eligible to apply for click ‘Check and apply‘ under ‘Funds Available’.
- Click on the scholarship name of the scheme that you wish to apply for.
NB. For each programme that you wish to apply for funding for, you will need to submit a separate scholarship application form.
The deadline to apply is 5pm BST, Thursday 21 April 2021.
For further information or queries contact firstname.lastname@example.org