The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Turkish languages.
Experience: Typically 6 years of relevant work experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant functional area and 3 years of relevant work experience
These jobs are found in Country Offices. The Job holders report to the Country Director or Information Technology Officer.
At this level job holders typically have independent responsibility for technical, specialized work including planning, organization, coordination and setting objectives. They deal with issues that are often undefined and involve areas of uncertainty and complex inter-relationships. The instructions received are broad and the job holders are expected to consistently demonstrate a high degree of personal responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries. Job holders have a level of IT expertise and knowledge to adapt and develop standard systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided. Job holders are typically expected to motivate and develop a team of support staff and/or are responsible for specialized support service(s) where the work is undertaken with the help of specially designed techniques, methods and processes.
To lead Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Manage and coordinate a team of IT support staff including the capacity building of staff, to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Provide training and advice to clients and end users of IT services, understand and resolve issues and ensure IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
- Coordinate the collation of a range of complex data, conduct data analysis, including the impact of changes, and support the development of accurate reports in order to identify and recommend solutions.
- Oversee the maintenance of systems and hardware by junior technology assistants to ensure technology is running effectively for WFP staff.
- Develop and deploy a variety of documentation and equipment for use by WFP staff to ensure staff have access to the required IT services and products.
- Manage the implementation of new standard applications in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
- Work with groups in IT service delivery and other staff to understand needs and support the development of integrated IT support services.
- Provide support to users, log and analyse all requests for support in accordance with standard processes, to support staff to deliver their services.
- Support the development and implementation of plans for the delivery of a full range of IT services and improvements to methods and processes in order to meet operational requirements.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
11.Preparing annual procurement plans for IT unit budget and conducting a need analysis for IT equipments
12.Working closely with the vendors/service providers for services and maintenance of the IT equipment.
- Contributing to Annual Performance Planning and identifying peformance goals for the IT unit.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Governance, Strategy and Architecture Shares knowledge of IT governance process and system architecture development with team and analyses current designs for improvements and enhancements while ensuring compliance with legislation and specifies any required changes.
Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization Utilises working knowledge of project and change management approaches to collect and analyse relevant data from multiple stakeholders to develop evidence-based business case for change.
Technical Expertise Exhibits deep technical knowledge in area of expertise and actively transfers knowledge to strengthen the skill base across the function; considers the most appropriate use of technical resources to ensure skill development and optimization of resource allocation.
Service Management Monitors and supervises maintenance and installation work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence and takes proper actions to correct inconsistencies and improve overall quality and customer satisfaction. Ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved.
Client Management Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
Procurement and Contract Management Able to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of alternative technologies and vendor service level agreements to consolidate options and assess suitability.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has participated in development of IT governance processes.
• Has gained additional exposure building relationships with the business counterparts on key IT initiatives.
• Has experience project managing small country level IT initiatives.
• Has coached, trained and mentored junior staff on building their technical capabilities.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only qualified Turkish Nationals will be short-listed.
Contract Duration: 1 year (renewable)
Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. UN Fixed Term Salary is offered on an annual basis starting from TRY 187,604.00 / Year
Medical Insurance: Private Medical Insurance plan for UN staff members and dependents (spouse, child or children)
Annual Leave Entitlement: 2.5 work days per month
Maternity Leave: Up to 6 months paid maternity leave