Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship is for Egyptians toearn a Masters in Development Practice from one of the top ten schools in the world: The Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota . The scholarship is administered by Newton Education Services on behalf of Sawiris Foundation for Social Development.
- Egyptian national residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
- The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS, exam date should be within two years of graduate program start. Minimum required scores: 79 ( TOEFL internet – based, minimum 21 in writing and 19 in reading ), or 6.5 (IELTS, minimum 6.5 in writing and 6.5 in reading)
- Completion of a 50-credit academic master’s program in two academic years
- Completion of an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience
- Employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than two consecutive years
The scholarship will cover full tuition, living expenses, travel and health insurance.
- Completed application form including the personal statement
- Copy of valid passport ID page
- Updated resume
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS score
- Two letters of recommendation
- One personal photo
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: October 14 2021 at 11.59pm Cairo time.